The Early Childhood/Pre-Kindergarten Team:
- Due to the COVID-19 the May 2020 and June 2020 Pre-K Screening dates are canceled.
Screening Dates ( only if Governor Pritzker lifts Illinois' in-person suspension)
- Monday, July 20th, 2020
- Monday, July 21st, 2020
Our half day programs serve 3-5 year old children. We address their fine motor (small muscle), gross motor (large muscle), social-emotional, language, and cognitive (thinking) skills each day. Our preschoolers accomplish this by learning through play. We utilize centers to encourage development in our students. Centers are areas of play/work for children to develop or enhance their skills.
Our students are enriched by a multitude of professionals each day. Each classroom not only has a teacher, but a teacher’s assistant is present, as well. The children also have access to occupational therapists, physical therapists, and speech/language therapists. However, the key ingredient for your child’s success is parental involvement. Therefore, our programs strive to keep you connected! We accomplish this by encouraging parents to volunteer in the classroom, attending monthly parent/child field trips and by offering parent educational programs.
The Early Childhood and Pre-Kindergarten programs have been designed to create a positive first school experience. It is our goal that your child will bloom at Willow School and excel throughout their academic career.
- FREE kids library resources- https://www.homewoodlibrary.org/kids
- Have a little one at home? https://www.homewoodlibrary.org/kids/storytimes-more
- The 1-2-3 Magic Program continues to offer parents, pediatricians, mental health professionals, grandparents, teachers and even babysitters a simple and gentle-but-firm approach to managing the behavior of 2 to 12-year-olds, whether they are average kids or special-needs children. Click Here
- A children's book that promotes healthy eating: Click Here
- Parent resource book: Find in your local library
- Fine Motor Skills: Here is a website with activities to foster fine motor skills. Click Here
- Gross Motor Skills: This short article lists several ways to get children moving indoors especially during winter months when daily outdoor activities are not possible. Click Here
- Monday, April 6th, 2020 - Remote Learning Begins
- Friday, May 1st, 2020- Early Dismissal NO PM CLASS
- Friday, May 15th, 2020 - Fun Friday Field Trip- Kid-Friendly Bowling
- Friday, May 22nd, 2020 - NO PM CLASS