The Early Childhood/Pre-Kindergarten Team:
Fall Preschool Screening Date:
- Friday, October 16th, 2020
Our Pre-K program is currently using remote learning due to the pandemic. We strongly encourage our families to use the remote learning platform to guide at-home learning opportunities. Your child will have some screen time, but most of their remote learning are hands-on activities lead by their first teachers, which is awesome YOU!!! No worries, the teachers provide all the lessons via Zoom.
Rote learning will continue to enrich our student's development in fine motor, gross motor, social-emotional, language, and cognitive skills as explained below. The students will also have library, PE and music via Zoom.
Our half day programs serve 3-5 year old children. We address their fine motor (small muscle), gross motor (large muscle), social-emotional, language, and cognitive (thinking) skills each day. Our preschoolers accomplish this by learning through play. We utilize centers to encourage development in our students. Centers are areas of play/work for children to develop or enhance their skills.
Our students are enriched by a multitude of professionals each day. Each classroom not only has a teacher, but a teacher’s assistant is present, as well. The children also have access to occupational therapists, physical therapists, and speech/language therapists. However, the key ingredient for your child’s success is parental involvement. Therefore, our programs strive to keep you connected! We accomplish this by encouraging parents to volunteer in the classroom, attending monthly parent/child field trips and by offering parent educational programs.
The Early Childhood and Pre-Kindergarten programs have been designed to create a positive first school experience. It is our goal that your child will bloom at Willow School and excel throughout their academic career.
Remote Learning Session Times:
AM- 8:30am - 11:00am
- FREE kids library resources- https://www.homewoodlibrary.org/kids
- Have a little one at home? https://www.homewoodlibrary.org/kids/storytimes-more
- The 1-2-3 Magic Program continues to offer parents, pediatricians, mental health professionals, grandparents, teachers and even babysitters a simple and gentle-but-firm approach to managing the behavior of 2 to 12-year-olds, whether they are average kids or special-needs children. Click Here
- A children's book that promotes healthy eating: Click Here
- Parent resource book: Find in your local library
- Fine Motor Skills: Here is a website with activities to foster fine motor skills. Click Here
- Gross Motor Skills: This short article lists several ways to get children moving indoors especially during winter months when daily outdoor activities are not possible. Click Here