Welcome! I am excited to be working with you and your student this school year.
I enjoy walking my dogs, reading, yoga, and gardening. My favorite foods are Aurelios pizza and chocolate ice cream. My favorite color is purple.
I am proud to have taught at Willow School for more than 20 years. I was a classroom teacher for both first and second grade before becoming a Math Interventionist.
I will be working with your child to build number sense and create a solid foundation for math. I believe that every child can be successful in math. Math is about thinking and understanding, NOT memorizing facts and procedures.
Here are some ways that you can help at home.
- encourage a growth mindset
- promote a positive attitude about math
- encourage your child to try different approaches to problem solving
- guide your child with questions rather than giving step-by-step directions for solving
- highlight the math you use everyday
- play board games with your child that encourage math (ask me, there are many!)
- read children's books that promote mathematical thinking